Passage Immigration Law helps families and businesses navigate the U.S. immigration maze. We are located in the Pearl District of Portland and are a six minute walk from the Portland USCIS office.
We are seeking to hire a bilingual (Spanish speaking) full time legal assistant with 2+ years of immigration law experience to start as soon as possible. The legal assistant's duties will fall into two primary areas: (i) Client Communication; and (ii) Administrative Support.
• Answer phone and interact with potential and existing clients.
• Greet clients, provide intake sheet, and collect documents and payments as needed.
• Organize and prepare supporting evidence for filing.
• Enter client information into our CRM and case management software.
• Record deadlines in our CRM and software.
• Update social media with pictures and share law firm updates online.
• Manage, scan, and photocopy client documents and organize their online files.
• Open all law firm mail and record USCIS and government notices into online case management system.
• Work closely with attorneys and legal assistants to complete all necessary casework.
• Perform other standard administrative and reporting tasks for case management.
• AA Degree or equivalent experience.
• At least two years of experience working in the field of immigration law.
• Strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills with extreme attention to detail.
• Superb interpersonal skills and track record of getting along well with colleagues and clients.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
SALARY and BENEFITS:
• Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience.
• Health and dental insurance.
• 401K with company match.
• Monthly travel stipend.
• Paid holidays and vacation days.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with the subject "Legal Assistant Application". In your cover letter please note what would be your earliest start date.
It is NOT ok to contact this poster with commercial interests.